Thursday, October 8, 2009

Really excited to read Margaret Atwood's new book The Year of the Flood the sequel to one of my favorite post apocalyptic genered books Oryx and Crake.



Looks like in an effort to make this look like a sequal they have gone back and given Oryx and Crake a face lift to match



Im really wondering if they are trying to gear these books toward the young adult section. They are both pretty striking in a photoshoppy collagey kind of way but I feel like I have seen that so many times before that they just dont stand out nearly as much as the previous covers did. The older versions just have more of an ambiguous look to them. I love the font used on the hard cover so quirky and perfect. Here are the previous hard covers and paper back verisons






Looove the UK version I think its the clear winner here. How can you not love the Adam and Eve with guns imagery


No comments:

Post a Comment